Local Action Group
The Southern Oxfordshire Local Action Group (LAG) is the 'multi-sector' partnership who oversee the delivery of the Southern Oxfordshire LEADER Programme.
It is important that the programme is delivered and led by local community, business and farming representatives to encourage communities to work together and to ensure bottom-up development for the local area.
The group has a role similar to a management board or board of directors.
Current members of the Local Action Group include:
- Elizabeth Gillespie (Chair) - Local Community Representative
- Andrew Forsyth - National Farmers Union
- Meryl Smith - Oxfordshire Rural Community Council
- John Gordon - Sustainable Wallingford
- Mike Jennings - Local Business Representative
- Philip Chamberlain - Local Farmer
- Jane Bowler - Dews Meadow Farm
- Suzanne Malcolm - South Oxfordshire District Council
- Toby Warren - Vale of the White Horse District Council
- William Waterfield - The Farm Consultancy Group
- Daphne Saunders - Faringdon Area Project
- Janette Howse - South East Tourism
- Mark Phillips - Oxfordshire Church Preservation Trust
- David Greasby - Local Farmer
- Nick Spencer - Brightwell cum Sotwell Community Shop
- Eddie Williams - Faringdon Folly Trust
The LAG sets the overall strategy and has responsibility for identifying and monitoring the individual projects. This group is responsible for shaping the development plan and providing management at a local level to deliver LEADER on the ground.
A smaller Decision Making Group has formed to make funding decisions and review applications. This group consists of a maximum of six members of the LAG, including members representing forestry, farming, and rural communities. These members will be selected by the chair on an annual rotating basis, with agreement of the LAG. Current Decision Making Group members are:
- Elizabeth Gillespie (Chair)
- Meryl Smith
- Mike Jennings
- John Gordon
- Nick Spencer
- Eddie Williams
If you would like further details of the Local Action Group, or would like to become a member please contact Anna Wood - LEADER Project Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Southern Oxfordshire Local Action Network
The wider Local Action Network meets every 6 months;
- To insure everyone interested is able to attend and influence the Southern Oxfordshire LEADER programme.
- To act as a consultative forum to insure the programme is being delivered to meet local needs and opportunities.
- To update everyone of the programme's activities and the projects supported.
- To provide a networking forum for rural communities and businesses across the area, encouraging the exchange of good practice and bright ideas.
- Alongside insuring everyone who wants to be involved in the projects delivery can be - hopefully resulting in true bottom-up delivery!
The next Southern Oxfordshire Local Action Network meeting is planned for Spring 2013.